In this article, we will offer you a short home inspection checklist.
So you’re ready to buy a new home? Congratulations! Chances are, if you have made it this far, you have heard about home inspections. If you are just getting started, this might be a new concept to you. However, a home inspection is a very important part of buying a home. We highly recommend the services of a professional home inspector before purchasing a house. Following a home inspection checklist protects your investment for the future. It can also save you money and frustration, as well.
These Are Some Of The Items Your Home Inspector Will Be Checking:
There Are Lots Of Inspections To Be Completed Indoors. A Typical Home Inspection Checklist Should Include:
- Appliances: Be sure they are energy efficient, in working order, and under warranty (if you want to get easy repairs and replacements).
- Electrical inspections: This can assure you that your home is safe and your utilities are ready to use.
- Pests in the walls: This could include things like rodents or termites. Take care of them before moving in.
- Mold: In areas that might be damp, like the cellar or basement.
- Plumbing: All sinks and pipes should be checked for leaks.
- Windows: Windows should be in working order, sealed correctly, and not broken.
Here Is A Home Inspection Checklist For Outdoors:
- Roof: Could also be done from inside in the attic.
- Drainage: Drains should not be clogged and are in working order.
- HVAC system: Both heating and cooling should be run before you move in. Will also look for things like rust. Replace air filters.
- Exterior surfaces: All surfaces show no sign of rot or weathering. Paint job is completed correctly. Nothing is flaking, bubbled, cracked, peeling, or broken.
Other Areas and Items
There May Be Other Areas/Things To Include In Your Home Inspection Checklist:
- Fixtures: Especially important in bathrooms and kitchens.
- Storage areas: Will look for signs of pests, mold, or dampness.
- Detectors: Be sure smoke detectors, security systems, carbon monoxide detectors are working correctly.
- Sump pumps and sewage system: Should be checked to prevent backups and be sure that you maintain them.
- Stairs and handrails: Should be sturdy.
- Foundation: Be sure that the foundation is solid and that there are no cracks found in it.
- Insulation: Proper insulation can go a long way in keeping your utility bills down.
Home Inspection Solutions
For home inspection services in the McKinney/ Dallas / Fort Worth area, look to Home Inspection Solutions.
Call us today
214-448-9572 or 817-939-8333
Home Inspection Solutions has been perfecting the art of home inspecting since 2010. The industry has continued to evolve with new standards and more advanced technology to confirm the condition of the home. But one thing has remained consistent: our dedication to providing you the best home inspections in the McKinney/Dallas/Fort Worth area.
You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers!
By using this online scheduler, you are truly scheduling an appointment with the information you are entering. When you select “Schedule This Inspection” at the end of the process, you will be confirming your inspection.