Freshen Your Home Room Merely by Room This Simple Ingredient
While holiday season in full swing and family and friends visiting from places near and far, you could have a checklist full of things to do. Make sure to freshen up your home before the visitors come and keep it simple by using 1 ingredient you might already have in your pantry.
Baking soda helps easily freshen and clean every place in your home. From upholstery and carpets to kitchen sinks as well as shower curtains, baking soda is able to renew your space without draining your wallet.
Room by room, below are some of the many techniques that baking soda can freshen your home this holiday season:
- In the kitchen area:
* Clean up your food prep area and also tools by having natural, food safe ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda instead of harsh cleansing agents. Sprinkle baking soda to a moist sponge or cloth and after that clean, rinse and dry the place. This is great for counters, stainless-steel sinks, cutting boards, microwaves, ovens, and also range hoods.
* Just what goes down sometimes comes back up. If you want to freshen your drains and also garbage disposal and maintain lingering odors from resurfacing, pour baking soda down the drain while you are running warm tap water.
* Be sure to keep an open box of baking soda in your refrigerator to assist everything taste fresh. Alter the box once per month for optimal freshness.
- In the living area:
* Freshen up sofas and chairs by sprinkling ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda on upholstery. Wait 15 minutes before vacuuming the surface. You can also use this technique to deodorize your rugs and carpets.
* Do not let your pets play fetch with chemicals. Clean plastic and rubber pet toys safely by cleaning in a solution of baking soda and warm water. Scatter baking soda on dry pet beds or furry toys and wait 15 minutes before vacuuming the unpleasant odours away.
- In the dining room:
* Cleanse and deodorize splatters on carpets and rugs by soaking up as much of the leak as possible. Cleanse the blemish by the carpet manufacturer’s directions and allow it to dry. Then, sprinkle on some baking soda and let it sit before vacuuming it away.
* Baking soda can shine silver right away. Before your friends and family come for dinner, make a natural cleaning paste with 3 parts ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda, and one part water. Gently rub the solution on the silver using a clean cloth or sponge. Rinse and dry for shining flatware.
- In the bathroom:
* Take out the grime and dirt from bathroom tiles and no-wax floors through this easy solution. Blend 1/2-cup baking soda in a pail of warm water, then mop and rinse for a clean, sparkling floor.
* Clean and deodorize your vinyl fabric shower curtain by sprinkling baking soda on a damp sponge or brush. Scrub the curtain, rinse and hang it up to dry.
* Preserve fresh towels on hand for family and friends. To obtain them at their cleanest, add 1 cup of baking soda into your laundry to make liquid detergent work harder. A better balance of pH in the wash will get clothes cleaner, fresher and also brighter.