Five Home-Buying Trends For This Year’s Market
If you’re in the market for a new house this year, don’t be fooled by the brisk chill in the air – the spring house-hunting season is actually closer than you think. That means now is the perfect time to start your planning. Space requirements such as bedrooms, bathrooms and square footage are essential, but a house is more than just shelter, it’s your home, and the great ones not only have everything you need, but everything you want.
“Each family lives in their home differently,” says Beazer Homes Senior Creative Manager Michael Phillips. “Some buyers prefer a private dining room, while others want an open-concept kitchen with a more casual eating area. Where one buyer might prefer an owner’s suite on the main level, others may want all their bedrooms on the upper level.”
Although every home buyer’s needs are unique, the market is often dictated by common trends. To better understand your own buying preferences and to see if you’re aligned with others in the real estate marketplace, take a look at these five home-buying trends.
- Function over aesthetics. When you think kitchen trends, you probably think of design features like granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. While both these options remain popular and are common in new construction, surveys by the National Association of Realtors and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) found that buyers were extremely interested in functional attributes like new appliances, eat-in layouts, walk-in pantries and double sinks.
- Living rooms are no longer a must. Given today’s diverse home-buying population, the formal living room is becoming less prevalent. “Many buyers would rather use traditional living room square footage in a new way,” said Phillips. “We’re seeing families using the living room as a home office or choosing to forgo the space altogether in exchange for extra square footage in other areas of the home.”
- New is number one. According to the NAHB, more than half of surveyed buyers want to purchase a new home. It can be a challenge for buyers to find everything they desire in a resale home, and because renovations are often costly and time consuming, it’s hard to deny the appeal of purchasing a brand-new home that is move-in ready.
- Let there be (energy-efficient) light. Home buyers have coveted homes that make good use of natural light for years and that trend is continuing in 2016. In addition to large windows, NAHB research shows homeowners are putting an increased emphasis on the energy savings that accompany the installation of high-performance windows.
- Make it your own. Personalizing a new home is easier and more affordable than ever before, thanks to offerings like Beazer’s Choice Plans, which are flexible floor plans that allow you to personalize the most lived-in spaces in your home at no additional cost. Whether you want a kitchen for entertaining or a breakfast nook for family dining, an office space instead of an extra bedroom, you choose … and Beazer won’t charge you for selecting the best layout for your lifestyle. You can learn more about your options and how to create your own dream home at www.beazer.com/choice-plans.
Start your preparation today
It’s never too early to start preparing for shopping for a new home. The more work you do ahead of time, the more time you can spend exploring the market. So start your research now and you’ll be moved into the home of your dreams before you know it.
To Get The Most Comprehensive Home Inspection In the Dallas / Fort Worth Fort Worth Area, Give Us A Call Today 214-448-9572 or 817-939-8333 or Click Here To Schedule Online Now!
Your Premier Dallas, Fort Worth Home Inspection Company | Let this experienced home inspector help keep you from buying The Money Pit. We’ll alert you to any and all health or safety issues and maintenance needs of the home you’re looking to buy.
Home Inspection Solutions will be your home buying or selling advocate! We are committed to providing you with outstanding service. We’re highly experienced and extremely thorough. If you’re looking to buy or sell in the Dallas, Forth Worth City area, we can help!
Owned and operated by home inspector and mold inspection specialist, Home Inspection Solutions, Cliff Willis prides himself in being committed to following high standards and providing professional service to all of our customers .
We Want To Help Give You Confidence In Moving Forward On Your Home Buying Decisions!