Hot Spots According To Home Inspectors
Are you selling a home? If so, be reminded that home buyers are naturally wise and practical enough to hire home inspectors before closing any acquisition. The idea is to take a closer look at the house before buying so that they can be sure the home is in good condition. Who in his right mind would want to buy a house that is condemned?
You could speed the process up and avoid potential problems that may affect or hinder your sale. That is if you hire a qualified home inspector so you can make the necessary repairs long before you put the house up for sale. The home inspector will cover a number of important systems in the home.
There Are Hot Spots Or Usual Areas Of The House That Most Buyers Worry About:
- First, mildew stains with accompanying odors almost always scare prospective home buyers. Mold and mildew presence poses health risks because the fungi may be carried by ventilation and the air to be breathed by those in the home. Mildew odors almost always point to a very moist basement. Take note that constant moisture deteriorates materials in buildings which attracts insects. Moisture may also lead to suspicions about the drainage system, the roofing, the water flow, and mostly, to possible foundation problems.
- Roofs and chimneys are also main concerns. Roofs function as natural protection against harsh sunlight and torrential rains. Home inspectors naturally inspect the roofing system because doing it is very important. As for the chimneys, the base’s flashing system should be watertight. The bricks and mortar should also be in excellent condition.
- The plumbing system is an important area because no home buyer would want to deal with any problems in it. The home inspector would have to check water pressure through flushing toilets and turning on different faucets at the same time. Some inspectors may go as far as checking the septic system. However, on occasion, septic and sewerage inspections would have to be referred to specialists who know more about them.
- Electrical systems can be a cause of alarm. Home fires can occur because of faulty electrical wires. Inspectors should be able to identify such faulty and troublesome wiring. Circuit breakers and panels should be configured correctly to run and cater to the needs of the home. There is also a need to check the quality and safety of the receptacles, outlets, lighting systems, and electrical box. Professional electricians are needed to do a more thorough and accurate electrical system check.
- Other hot spots include cooling and heating systems, foundation and structure, and appliances. Security alarms such as smoke and burglar detectors should also be in great condition. Overall, you should hire a home inspector with the aim to make necessary repair and maintenance so your home sells easily. Home inspections should never be tampered with no matter how hard you try.
Home buyers always have the option to buy their own home inspection so that they can identify potential problems in the home that may have been missed or overlooked by your inspection.
For home inspection services in the McKinney/ Dallas / Fort Worth area, look to Home Inspection Solutions.
Call us today
214-448-9572 or 817-939-8333
Home Inspection Solutions has been perfecting the art of home inspecting since 2010. The industry has continued to evolve with new standards and more advanced technology to confirm the condition of the home. But one thing has remained consistent: our dedication to providing you the best home inspections in the McKinney/Dallas/Fort Worth area.
You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers!
By using this online scheduler, you are truly scheduling an appointment with the information you are entering. When you select “Schedule This Inspection” at the end of the process, you will be confirming your inspection.